California Student Aid Commission Magazine for College Financial Aid
Thinking about applying to a UC campus?
Applying to a CSU campus?
Fall 2019 application opens October 1, 2019 – Cal State Apply will open on October 1, 201, for the fall 2020 application cycle. Students should wait until October 1st to start their application. If an applicant enters application data for a previous term (i.e. spring 2019), the information entered will not be available on October 1st.
Students that are interested in getting a jump start on their application can start preparing now with a few simple steps.
- Collecting the documents they need to complete the application. The Freshman Application Checklist is a great place to begin.
- Use the Academic Planner on CaliforniaColleges.edu. The Academic Planner allows students to enter their high school coursework, research colleges, and complete career and interest assessments. They can create an account by going to californiacolleges.edu.
You can assist students by reminding them of a few simple tips:
- Courses in mathematics and foreign language, that meet a-g requirements, completed in the 7th & 8th grade with grades of C or better should be included in the High School Coursework;
- Repeated courses are defined as the exact some course with the exact same course title taken at the same school at a later time.
- If a student repeated a course, they would enter the highest grade(s) earned for the course. Do not enter this repeated course twice.
- If the repeated course is planned or in progress, enter the original grade earned, as well as the planned or in progress course as a new grade has not yet been earned.
- 12th grade courses should be entered as in-progress and planned.
- College Courses competed during High School should be entered on the Transcript Entry tile and then matched on the “A-G Matching” tile to ensure they receive the proper a-g subject requirements and GPA adjustment.
- Applicants with College Coursework must select the appropriate entry level on their Extended Profile
Once the application cycle opens on October 1, an updated version of the Freshman Coursework Entry guide will be available on the Freshman page.
Tuition Funding Sources is available free of charge to all students looking to continue their education after graduation.
Association of Independent California Colleges and Universities
- College Searches
- Transfer information
- Compare California Colleges
- College/University Statistics
- High School requirementswww.amda.edu
The American Musical and Dramatic Academy (AMDA) is the only performing arts college that offers Bachelor's of Fine Arts Degrees and Conservatory Studies Programs with campuses in both New York and Los Angeles. Admission to AMDA is competitive. Students are selected through an audition process. If you would like further information, please feel free to call 1-800-367-7908 in New York or 1-866-374-5300 or visit their website.